Recruitment: strengthen pipeline through more aggressive funnel management (FYR/TR)
- None to report.
Retention Management: increase first-year rate to 90%, six-year graduation to 70%
- FAS distributed scholarship renewal criteria to all scholarship and Pell Advantage recipients
- FAS distributed emails to non-FAFSA filers with outstanding balances, reminding them of opportunity to explore aid options
Technology: establish systems and structures necessary to achieve enrollment results
- None to report
Yield Management: solidify/improve yield rate from admit to enrolled
- FAS distribution of 2015-16 scholarship award letters
- FAS presentations for Senior Days
- FAS participation in Admissions recruiting events
Recruitment: enhance Unit’s planning and accountability
- IRUA has coordinated a number of meetings with campus colleagues introducing KUAAP Managing Director Todd Fritch and his staff, who addressed questions about the program & the anticipated impact of the KU-Shorelight partnership on the incoming Fall 2015 class based on projected yields.
- Plans for spring recruitment initiatives in the Middle East region are underway. The IRUA recruitment team continues to coordinate with Shorelight regional offices and their local agents in the region.
International Partnerships: establish collaborations and articulation agreements
- The late deadline of December 8 established for the Shorelight-referred applicants to the KUAAP and pre-AAP program is projected to increase Spring applicant pool by up to 75, guaranteed to enhance international student Spring enrollment.
Visiting Student Programs: develop and implement
- Several local cultural events were organized for visiting students, which were well-attended:
- Visit to Lawrence’s Watkins Museum
- Final Friday/Homecoming Parade & dinner downtown
- Trip to local pumpkin patch
Traditional Recruitment Activities: increase and diversify investments
- Name purchases through ETS of TOEFL and CollegeBoard of SAT international test-takers have resulted in an additional 10,000+ targeted prospects who are receiving communication via the CRM.
- IRUA is sending CRM messaging to international prospects, inquiries, applicants who are attending school in the USA inviting them for a KU campus visit.
- The number of campus visits hosted by IRUA recruitment staff is steadily increasing.
- On-going webinar series and live open chats via Adobe Connect are being promoted to inquiries, applicants and admitted students via the CRM and social media.