Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Attended major meeting with DCM, Housing, GC, Designer and Contractor to work to resolve complex HVAC system problems at GSP residence Hall. Pursuing designer and contractor possible liability in several key areas. Corrosion in cooling loop, thermostat issues and clogged plate heat exchanger as well as compressor problem with frequent failure of equipment.
- Met with Diana Robertson & Doug Carter, Dale Smith & Vince Avila to discuss the placement of Zone 3 shops in Oliver Hall.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Working with HR and Jamie Simpson on several requests for reasonable accommodation and/or temporary or long term medical restrictions.
- Have successfully provided opportunities for light duty through the “early return to work” program for several employees. Working to make process consistent.
- Completed and submitted FS end of year report for Campus Operations, with great feedback.
- Completed and distributed September edition of the Foghorn.
- Met to discuss Employees Advisory Council meeting results, finalizing feedback and will distribute meeting minutes shortly.
- Maximo integrations and Reset project kicked off this week with CFI consultants. Project will revamp Maximo to “out of the box” functionality and evaluate potential integrations with other key systems.
- Worked with Edwards campus to transition their fire alarm system testing to Simplex contract instead of FS electronic technicians traveling 2 hours round trip to perform testing and work.
- Continued information gathering of the APPA annual submission of the Facilities Performance Indicators Report.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Identified needs and potential projects for R&R Program for FY16/17. Submitted to DCM with copy to Campus Ops and request high priority projects be included in R&R program for funding. IF not included in R&R program, alternate funding should be identified for all “A” priority projects to be completed within the next 1-3 years.
- Worked with Sustainability/Recycling on servicing of new outside dual receptacles for both trash and recycling. FS will service both sides on Mondays and Recycling will take Wednesdays, and each will service their own side on Fridays. If bin is less than half full, it won’t be emptied until next service day.
- Met with Campus Security and Safety committee and consultant to review proposals and progress for electronic building locking systems and KU proposed policy and vision in these critical areas.
- FS Ops Manager attended Maximo training in preparation for Maximo reset project with CFI.
- Work with Public Safety on a Activation of Emergency Public Address System
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Posted vacancy and conducting interviews for Energy Technician position.
- Grainger is working in custodial dens to standardize content, label quantities for efficient re-ordering and try to streamline supply ordering and delivery. KU is waiting on their analysis and proposal in this area for consideration, negotiation and implementation.
- State use procurement committee toured FS storeroom and warehouse.
- Awaiting Grainger feedback on custodial den plan to decide on best way forward.