Recruitment: strengthen pipeline through more aggressive funnel management (FYR/TR)
- Continue to meet with high school counselors throughout the state of Kansas to discuss updates from KU
- Senior Days taking place for high school seniors
- Black Leadership Symposium held on Oct. 10
- Scholar Day held on October 16
- Pre and post-admit communication flows activated
- Two reminder postcards sent about Nov. 1 scholarship deadline
- Packets sent to high schools in Kansas and select out-of-state schools
- Academic departments and many offices from KU attended the large Shawnee Mission East college fair
- Student telecounselors involved with number of targeted phone campaigns designed to generate application volume
- Virtual campus tour program being developed with outside vendor
Retention Management: increase first-year rate to 90%, six-year graduation to 70%
- FAS distributed emails to 1,600 students with outstanding University balances and haven't filed the FAFSA, reminding them financial assistance may be available to help fund educational assistance
- Conducting analysis of year one Pell Advantage awarding process
- Distributed Scholarship Guiding Principles and Timeline to CFE PITC Scholarship and Tuition Committee members
- Completed a successful search for the new EM Assistant Director position for the Enrollment and Financial Aid Services Center in Strong Hall
- Completed successful search for FAS Assistant Director position
Technology: establish systems and structures necessary to achieve enrollment results
- Collaboration with Noel Levitz to coordinate data analytics for Net Price Calculator
Yield Management: solidify/improve yield rate from admit to enrolled
- 2013-14 scholarship award letters are being produced and distributed
- Re-review of 2013-14 new admits as updated ACT scores are received, with updated letters being distributed weekly, when updated scores result in a scholarship and/or increased scholarship award
- Met with new Associate Dean for School of Engineering regarding 2013-14 combined FAS & Engineering scholarship letters
- Scheduling meetings with key scholarship coordinators and department chairs to address questions related to Rising Student Scholar initiative
- Met with colleagues in Department of Student Housing to review cost of attendance policy for Housing Residence Assistance, resulting in enhanced service to high-ability scholarship recipients serving as RAs
- Telecounselors continue to call admitted students
- Post-admit communication flows continue
- Registration materials sent for transfer students for Nov. 2 spring transfer enrollment
Recruitment: enhance Unit's planning and accountability
- Completing the search for a Communications Coordinator. This new position will create and manage our recruitment communication plan and work in the CRM environment and with social media to enhance KU's outreach efforts to prospective undergraduate and graduate students.
- Beginning the search for a new Assistant Director for Recruitment and Articulation Agreements. This person will be responsible for implementing our strategic recruitment plan.
International Partnerships: establish collaborations and articulation agreements
- Working with the Vietnam Education Foundation to bring in talented STEM doctoral students to KU to pursue Ph.D.s. The Foundation would pay for the first two years of doctoral coursework at KU.
- Examining the potential of a new partnership with the Argentine Presidential Fellows program under the auspices of the Fulbright Commission of Argentina.
Visiting Student Programs: develop and implement
- No current updates
Traditional Recruitment Activities: increase and diversify investments
- 148 new international students have been admitted to KU for the Spring 2013 Semester so far.