Construction Strategic Sourcing: develop capability with unified purchasing group
- Responded to Purchasing questions on draft RFP for on-call paving & utility construction services.
- Attended pre-bid meeting for on-call paving & utility construction services.
- Assisted Purchasing in arranging strategic sourcing negotiation with a major vendor.
- Attended E&I meeting on strategic sourcing opportunities.
- Attended follow-up meeting with Purchasing and Facilities Services.
- Learned of opportunity to recommend procurement process improvements to Regents; will provide suggestions to Associate Vice Provost.
Financial Management Best Practices: design processes to enhance KU’s buying power
- The LEEP2 audit continues.
- Learned that Lockton had responded on insurance levels (generally fine as-is) and owner-provided insurance/bonding (not recommended) in August.
Construction Management Best Practices: develop Unit and integrate with KU Master Plan
- Preparing for next round of master planning meetings week of Nov. 4.
- Interviewed for vacant carpenter position.
- Coordinated with BOSC and IT on Maximo project.