Recruitment: strengthen pipeline through more aggressive funnel management (FYR/TR)
- Senior Day on Sept. 29 and Oct. 6
- Engineering Open House on Oct. 4
- Latino Leadership Symposium on Oct. 9
- Scholar Day on Oct. 10
- Sophomore Legacy Day on Oct. 11
- Encourage to apply and visit correspondence continues to prospective freshmen
- Purchased SAT and AP names for 2016, 2017, and 2018 terms
Retention Management: increase first-year rate to 90%, six-year graduation to 70%
- FAS outreach project to FYFR who have applied for aid, but still have outstanding balances, encouraging them to contact us if they need assistance with financing their education
- Distributed scholarship renewal criteria to all scholarship & KU Pell Advantage students, encouraging them to continue with strong academics and reminding them of available academic resources to help ensure academic success
- FAS presentations during Senior Day on-campus events
Technology: establish systems and structures necessary to achieve enrollment results
- FAS and SIS collaboration to explore options to enhance automation of loan processing
Yield Management: solidify/improve yield rate from admit to enrolled
- Weekly distribution of Fall 2015 new admit scholarship letters
- Fall 2015 Prospectus development, with focus on education and financing higher education
- FAS exploring options for additional outreach to newly admitted students to provide additional information about financing education
- Email and admit packets sent to admitted students for all 2015 terms
Recruitment: enhance Unit’s planning and accountability
- KU profiles have gone live on Hotcourses websites in Vietnam & Latin America. Through translated international profiles & microsites that display the look & feel of the KU IRUA website, this initiative extends our reach to prospects in 2 of our primary & secondary regional recruitment targets.
International Partnerships: establish collaborations and articulation agreements
- IRUA recruitment team met with a group of 23 Shorelight partners during the second campus familiarization tour organized by KUAAP staff. The visitors represented the US Shorelight Boston Office & regional recruitment offices in China, South Asia, Southeast Asia, and Russia/CIS/Africa. Participating agents were from China, India, Ghana, Nigeria, and Vietnam. This served as these regional representatives’ and agents’ introduction to the KU campus.
- IRUA admissions team met with 5 members of the Shorelight Boston admissions team to establish protocol for handling 2015 applicants to the KU Academic Accelerator Program, the AEC and direct entry to KU undergraduate programs.
Visiting Student Programs: develop and implement
- The Office of International Programs has signed an agreement with Universidad Católica Silva Henríquez, Chile to bring additional visiting students to KU.
- Discussions are underway to establish agreements with additional universities in Japan and China, facilitated by faculty in the School of Music.
Traditional Recruitment Activities: increase and diversify investments
- IRUA recruiter Shannon O’Hagan visited 5 South East Asian countries where she met with students, counselors & parents in over 25 high schools & 4 colleges; made presentations at 3 admissions workshops, 2 alumni and 2 parent events.
- Recruiter O’Hagan is hosting a series of informative webinars throughout the month of October that facilitate live video chats with prospective students and applicants.
- IRUA recruitment team is mobilizing the newly-trained ambassadors and has posted videos of each ambassador, along with those of 20+ alumni under Profiles on the IRUA website.
- IRUA recruitment team organized a contest via messaging Hobson’s CRM challenging newly-admitted international freshmen & transfer students to submit a video depicting their trip from their home country to KU. The winner’s uplifting video is posted on IRUA social media sites and can be accessed here: Puteri Ahmad International Jayhawk 2014.mp4