Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Housing SLA updated with linen contract and carpet replacement procedures. Accounting refinements and first quarter financial update presented Student housing for review.
- Meeting with Security policy group to report on subcommittee work on key and electronic lock systems policy and procedures update. Preliminary drafts of documents reflect KU vision of progressing to swipe card systems for exterior building exits and access control, and greater programmatic role for PSO in approving building access.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Working with Performance Based Budgeting class to evaluate budget outcomes and attempt to make strategic link between budget and desired outcomes.
- Infrastructure alternatives for Master Plan presentation completed along with other Master Plan meetings. General course of action is to move toward better reliability of systems through multi-building loop systems where optimal
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Rolling out handheld devices and training one Zone and Central Shop at a time over several weeks. Zone 4 training completed this week. Initial feedback very positive. Wi-Fi projects on west campus (especially at storeroom and warehouse) will help maintain connections and ease of use.
- Benchmarked with Iowa State on IT and Web tools, including interactive mapping display on web site, linked to back end databases and real time project updates. We need to make a fundamental selection of enterprise software and develop a plan to move forward in these areas. They have approximately 7 FTE of IT support embedded within their facilities group to maintain their enterprise software equivalent to Maximo/Tririga.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Presented energy savings alternatives analysis to parking for AFH and Mississippi parking garage lighting project. Recommended alternative is LED lighting with 10 yr warranty.
- Sent Natural Gas nomination and price locking strategy to procurement for remaining contract period through May 2014. Will need to work with procurement to determine new contract mechanism toward end of this calendar year to ensure contract in place by May 2014.
- ESG Consulting (E&I Affiliate) completed initial interview process with FS representatives this week to evaluate sourcing, procurement, inventory, and warehousing processes and provide road map for improvements.
- Created on line form for submission of asset information to work management.