KU’s Research Caliber: strengthen skills and retain top performers
- Research Administration 101 (RA 101) started 09/11/13 and will continue through mid-November. The audience for RA 101 ranges from individuals who are new to research administration to very experienced individuals who would like a refresher course.
- Thursday Research Topics (TRTs) continue to be held on the 2nd Tuesday of each Monday. Subject Matter Experts are recruited to provide training on a specific topic each month. The October topic was “How to read a budget summary” and the November topic will be on the topic of retroactive funding adjustments.
- Interviews were completed for the position of Pre-award Assistant Director. Nancy Biles was offered and accepted the position. Nancy has been performing as a part of the KUCR pre-award office in a variety of roles over the past 13 years. Please help us welcome Nancy to this new position.
Pursue System Improvements: implement tools that increase faculty and administrative efficiency; collaborate with KUMC where feasible
- Bi-campus implementation of Click COI and IRB is complete with both products now in post-implementation support mode. The IRB product is scheduled to be updated in November, which will include several enhancements and bug fixes. The Click IACUC product was recently demoed for KUL campus ACU and IACUC members.
- The second meeting of the Click Steering Committee took place on October 4.
- The PeopleSoft AR-Billing project continues as scheduled. Data and business process issues affecting implementation are being addressed.
- Several new and updated core lab/services websites have been created and are live. These sites are in conjunction with the core lab portal site which is scheduled to go live within the next few weeks. The core lab portal aggregates information on service labs and is aimed toward the KU community as well as industry.
- The AR/Billing project continues to make nice progress. The targeted go live date is Feb-March, 2014.
KUCR Efficiency: strengthen operations, processes, and overall effectiveness
- The KUCR QA initiative continues with new QA queries being added monthly. A presentation by the QA team to KUCR executive leadership is being planned within the next several weeks.
- System documentation and data integrity initiatives continue for Wellspring Sophia (KUIC), with Richard Walker taking the reigns as the functional system administrator. Richard has met with the KUIC group several times and has quickly become proficient in his new position.