KU's Research Caliber: strengthen skills, technology, and retaining top performers
- The training programs for central staff and the SSCs are still being developed.
Pursue System Improvements: implement tools that increase faculty and administrative efficiency; collaborate with KUMC where feasible
- A group of stakeholders met to brainstorm the feasibility of using the Financial Manager's Workbench (FMW) software package as a forecasting/budgeting tool for sponsored projects. The tool would hopefully provide enough capability to replace departmental shadow systems used to track/forecast sponsored project expenditures.
- The Institutional Review Board system implementation kickoff is still scheduled for December 11-12.
KUCR Efficiency: strengthen operations, processes, and overall effectiveness
- The RGS and KUCTC website redesigns are still in progress. The RGS web redesign is ready for usability and navigation testing.
- The research award data integrity project has focused primarily on two areas thus far: business process redesign and data cleanup planning. System enhancements have been designed and data cleanup tasks have been identified. The project team is currently developing a plan to implement these changes and when completed, it will greatly increase the accuracy of research related reporting and increase efficiency within the units of RGS.