Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Met with Parking and Transportation and DCM construction to finalize the 2012 FS snow removal plan regarding parking areas and availability of equipment operators, as well as procedures to activate contract for removal of snow in parking garages.
- Met with Jim Belshe of Huron to discuss transition and outstanding CFE goals. Huron provided copies of some PD's for key positions and will forward vendor quote for expansion of EZ Max pilot. Next visit scheduled 12/18.
- Held meeting with FS HR on status of high priority hiring needs. Working with HR to streamline job announcements.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Received Huron deliverables on 11/6 of Maximo procedure guides, FS Services Guide, FS employee handbook and several process maps. Disseminated Maximo procedures to Zones and shops, and reviewing other deliverables.
- Met with Central IT on plan for transition of FS desktop support and Maximo application configuration, development and support to migrate under supervisory umbrella of IT.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Held weekly meeting with Zone Managers, Zone Supervisors and Central Shop Supervisors to improve communications and workflow between the Zones and Central Shops. Provided training on HR timekeeping and TCD procedures.
- Provided Maximo training to new Zone AA's (Huron rep – Andrew Billing)
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Provided proposed Sustainability organization with emphasis on recycling, waste reduction and surplus programs.
- No current updates