KU’s Research Caliber: strengthen skills and retain top performers
- Job Market Study Phase to include research community. Anita Abel and Kristi Billinger participating from the Office of Research.
- Several updates are being made to the KUIC website with assistance from Office of Research web manager Mary Ann Roesner. One of the updates is in collaboration with the Wellspring Sophia administrator (Richard Walker), is a streamlined method for posting IP tech summaries to the web. This effort saved KUIC from outsourcing this function to an outside vendor and should be deployed by end of May.
- Mary Ann is also working on new sites for areas related to sponsored research. These include an informational portal site related to research centers (Fall 14), and a new Animal Care Unit site (end of June).
- A periodic update patch is being applied to e-compliance (Click) May 3. This patch includes several bug fixes and updates to IRB agenda and letter templates as requested by KUMC and KUL IRB staff (Elise Waldron).
Pursue System Improvements: implement tools that increase faculty and administrative efficiency; collaborate with KUMC where feasible
- Work on FMW BudCast continues – project reports will be available for PAS teams in near future.
KUCR Efficiency: strengthen operations, processes, and overall effectiveness
- Co-hosted presentations with the Comptroller’s Office on planned changes to the research AR/BI module in the PeopleSoft Financials system. System testing and mock conversions are taking place at this time.
- Hosted quarterly grant coordinators meeting (71 attended).
- Finalizing ImageNow close Letter for use by SSCs and others for project close out. Other processes that are “live” in ImageNow includes budget summary, PI checklist, A-133 (internal to KUCR).
· Business process for AR entry in Wellspring Sophia (KUIC) has been defined and presented to KUIC staff. Entry QA queries have also been created. (Richard Walker)
RIS staff has streamlined the delivery and output of the daily Post Award report. The task of running this overview of sponsored project finances will shift from RIS to PAS now that the technical workflow and business process has been worked out.