Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Continued bi-weekly meetings with housing to ensure good communication and service provision per the SLA.
- 3rd quarter SLA finance report tracking very closely to annual funding projection.
- Scheduled meeting to review service contracts and streamline custodial supply ordering.
- Moving forward with consolidated contract for make-up water treatment programs for chiller and boiler systems; combining housing needs under existing FS contract arrangement.
- Move out day operations were hectic but successful in all transitions as students vacated dormitories, scholarship halls, and apartments. Aggressive schedules for camps, and summer cleaning, maintenance and construction projects and apartment turns being coordinated.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Held follow-up meeting with FS Employee Advisory Council leadership. Distributing results of meeting to all FS employees.
- Coordinating new employee orientation and required safety training program for all FS employees with new FS Safety Manager and benchmarking with EHS. All FS maintenance employees scheduled to complete initial training by end of July. HR now scheduling new employees for 1st day safety training.
- Ordered Safety signage for posting in all shop areas.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Held weekly meeting with Zone Managers/Supervisors and Central Shop Supervisors to improve communications and workflow between Zones and Central Shops.
- Provided input to annual budget cycle regarding positions and OOE funding; working to identify funding for several shortfall positions critical to the success of CFE organization.
- FS/DCM held coordination meeting on road maintenance and repair crew to determine best organizational fit for crew and method of funding in budget.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Conducted interviews for Campus Energy Manager; search committee selected primary and alternate candidates.
- Held meeting with Operations-level leadership on inventory management goals and purchasing goals for new FS Procurement Manager.
- Storeroom will no longer stock office supplies. FS personnel will order these supplies through KUPPS for direct delivery to needed location.
- Procurement Manager learning and evaluating other procurement and inventory processes for streamlining.