KU's Research Caliber: strengthen skills and retain top performers
- Market Study Focus Groups for research began process to define necessary job titles and salary ranges for effective recruitment and retention.
- Held Thursday Research Topics (TRT) session on KU Innovation and Collaboration Updates (16 attendees).
- Hosted National Council of University Research Administrators (NCURA) 2.5 hour webcast on "OMB Uniform Guidance: Key Issues for Universities" (56 attendees).
- Data integrity team met to review status of current queries and their returns. Also, to identify owners for new AR/BI queries.
Pursue System Improvements: implement tools that increase faculty and administrative efficiency; collaborate with KUMC where feasible
- Began project close letter process with research centers and SSCs.
- Collaborating with the Provost Office, Image Now team, and Vice Chancellor of Research office to streamline the additional pay process for research funded situations.
- KUIC Website – Available technologies for sale is now live. Mary Ann Roesner and Richard Walker collaborated on a solution whereby KUIC can enter information in their system of record that can be exported to the web in the needed format. Future updates can now be made with just a few keystrokes. This saves KUIC staff double entry and saves them an unknown amount of money by not having to outsource this function.
KUCR Efficiency: strengthen operations, processes, and overall effectiveness
- Effort Reports can be digitally signed. Initiated review of current process and how this can be improved with this new approach.
- Effort Reporting – Capacity for running effort reporting is being moved from RIS (technical) to the Post Award Services (business owners). This will allow PAS to run reports as needed and not have to rely on RIS. Full implementation is estimated for June.
- Tracking of effort reporting has been moved to Image Now. The full distribution and routing will move from paper to Image Now once the electronic signature pilot is complete. Estimated deployment for effort reporting is fall 2014.
- Collaborating with CAO-SSC on business process activity assessments.
- Reviewed program fee income accounts to ensure that they are appropriate based on the source of funds. Where/when appropriate program fee income accounts are being moved to cost centers in order to report accurately.