Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Collected applications from the workforce for the new Zone Manager positions; interview committee will review and select interview candidates by the end of this week.
- Drafted position descriptions for the new Director of Facilities Services and Associate Director of Business Services within Facilities Services (FS); positions to be advertised and competed externally.
- Conducted interview skills workshops for FO and Student Housing staff who are interested in applying to open FS positions.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Completed review of draft employee handbook guide and policy guide pamphlet for FS employees, to be distributed to FS leadership for feedback, and to HR to ensure alignment with KU policies.
- Built progress tracker for Focus Group recommendations and posted to the CFE Facilities website, along with the final Focus Group report.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Agreed to hierarchical numbering system for building and space information that will be used for associating assets with locations in Maximo.
- Completed set up of virtual development environment for Maximo reimplementation.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Divided Energy workgroup members into subgroups that will each work on a separate aspect of the building assessment methodology for the energy conservation pilot site.