KU’s Research Caliber: strengthen skills and retain top performers
- Held Thursday Research Topics (TRT) session on Effort Certifications (27 attendees).
- Held quarterly grant coordinators meeting (101 attendees).
Pursue System Improvements: implement tools that increase faculty and administrative efficiency; collaborate with KUMC where feasible
- Have begun creating short “screencast” training videos for in-house training and for principal investigator and research administrator training online. About seven in-house and one online video have been completed to date.
- Held seven meetings with IT analyzing current research administration electronic systems with an eye to upgrading those systems.
KUCR Efficiency: strengthen operations, processes, and overall effectiveness
- Hosted conference call with KUMC, KSU, Emporia State, Fort Hays State, Wichita State, Washburn, and Haskell regarding State of Kansas agencies’ application of facilities and administrative costs under the Uniform Guidance.
- Streamline communications with Shared Service Centers by creating Budget Summary view for them to access budget summary information in Image Now. Training has been held for CAO, and is scheduled for ESB.