Enhanced Budgeteer Role:
- Conducted specialized training for Budgeteers only on how to prepare BudCast Projection Fund Management reports for upcoming Compact Budget discussions.
- Training conducted by FMS BudCast team on April 7th, April 13th and April 20th with opening statements made by Mary Ann Richey, Budget Office, at the beginning of each training session.
Redesign KU's Annual Budget Process: encompass all sources of funding
- BudCast priorities/checkpoint meeting held between Budget Office, Comptroller’s Office and FMS staff to ensure BudCast is functioning and being modified appropriately to encompass all funding sources for reporting purposes.
- SSC usage of DEMIS, Test Database, ITTC model, Review Project issue log
- Modified Projection Fund Management report to reflect revenue budget funding as negative number to ensure reports are clear and easy to understand.
- Generated a customized Projection Fund Management report to include the centrally held carry-forward balances to ensure all sources of funding were being picked up for each ARSP generated report.
- Modified the Operating Plan>Version Budget so that the salary monthly forecasts were no longer editable because those adjustments should be made in the Operating Plan>Version Salary Projection instead.
- Modified the reporting layout when organized by fund to display the new General Use (GU) funds created in FY 2015 in the General Use section instead of the Revenue Funds (RU) section (i.e. funds 068,069,084,086)
Create Budgetary Incentives: to grow enrollment & sponsored research, rewarding accountability
- No new updates.