Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Continued bi-weekly meetings with housing to ensure good communication and service provision per the SLA. Third quarter SLA finance report tracking very closely to annual funding projection. Obtained energy consumption data from housing for campus master plan.
- Met with contractors about consolidation water treatment services for makeup feed water for boiler and chiller systems; incorporating housing into larger, single source contract.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Scheduled follow-up on first meeting of FS Employee Advisory Council to provide feedback to Council and to all FS employees.
- Coordinating new employee orientation and required safety training program for all FS employees with new FS Safety Manager and benchmarking with EHS. All FS maintenance employees scheduled to complete initial training by end of July.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Held weekly meeting with Zone Managers/Supervisors and Central Shop Supervisors to improve communications and workflow between Zones and Central Shops.
- Conducted internal FS Commencement meeting to ensure preps and staffing issues are covered in planning and execution. Working with HR on scheduled overtime issue to offer opportunities by seniority where appropriate.
- Imported EZ Max Mobile to production servers with only a couple of issues to work through prior to full scale testing with employees.
- Established Maximo “requested changes” list and prioritized with central IT and stakeholders. Requested population of assets in Maximo and provided list of large boilers, chillers, and emergency generators. Still resolving asset population issues.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Short listed candidates for interviews for Campus Energy Engineer position.
- Energy saving competition concluded. Nunemaker Center won the Lights Out! Challenge among 23 buildings with over 30% energy savings in a 6 week period.
- Provided energy and utility infrastructure information to campus Master Plan consultants and toured power plant and chill water plants.
- Selected new procurement/inventory manager; Ms. Julie Bellucci started 4/29/13.
- Discussed long-term goals for inventory and supply chain management.
- Implemented contract with Enterprise to provide commercial vehicles for KU motor pool.