Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Conducted phone interviews for Safety Manager position; selected three candidates for face-to-face interviews.
- FS Procurement Manager position advertised and announced for internal and external applicants; closes 2/24/13.
- Zone 1 Manager position advertised and announced for internal and external applicants: closes 2/24/13.
- Finalized Energy Manager PD and sent to HR for announcement and advertising.
- Additional HR person added to HR BOSC from the ROC.
- FS accounting transitioned to BOSC in renovated section of FS building.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Notified Union and sent email announcement for FS Employee Advisory Council (EAC) and distribution of FS Employee Guide; in the process of identifying representatives for the EAC from each zone and central shop.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Held weekly meeting with Zone Managers, Zone Supervisors and Central Shop Supervisors to improve communications and workflow between the Zones and Central Shops.
- Held meeting with Zone Managers and HVAC central shop to discuss and resolve questions/issues.
- Zone 4 moving from west campus location to FS Administration building. Working with IT to resolve computer and phone line connectivity issues.
- Initiated procurement of utility vehicles to assist zones with transportation needs; evaluating vehicle needs overall.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- No new updates.
- Meetings have been scheduled with IT to discuss resources, service provision and configuration/customization process for Maximo.