Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Held second meeting with Custodial Workgroup to review current shifts and staffing levels and evaluate current equipment and chemicals inventories in order to begin discussing consolidation.
- Completed second focus group discussion with the Training focus group.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Viewed demo of current Maximo configuration at KU and discussed best practices from the Maximo user conference that the FO IT staff attended.
- Analyzed differences between FO and Student Housing in current staff titles, pay, and tenure in order to understand the overall magnitude of HR change requirements and potential union issues.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Met with shop supervisors from FO Plumbing, Electric, HVAC, Carpentry, and PM Life Safety Systems to better understand maintenance workloads across the proposed zones.
- Developed framework for the Steering Committee to evaluate differences between proposed zone models and to understand which models best meet project objectives.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Held second Energy workgroup meeting to discuss branding campaign and marketing plan development for integrated conservation and sustainability efforts.