Recruitment: strengthen pipeline through more aggressive funnel management (FYR/TR)
- Finalizing brochures and admit packet updates
- Working on 2015 application updates for July 1 launch
- Emails to rising seniors about application opening on July 1
- Conduct "Taking Care of Business" NSO sessions
- FAS Robo-calls to Orientation registrants 2-3 weeks prior to their scheduled Orientation to remind them to submit any needed documents to complete their financial aid files before coming to Orientation to ensure file is complete when they arrive
- FAS collaboration with Marketing Communications on updated FAS publications
Retention Management: increase first-year rate to 90%, six-year graduation to 70%
- SU14 FAS Distribution
- End-of-term SAP review & email notifications to students
Technology: establish systems and structures necessary to achieve enrollment results
- No new updates
Yield Management: solidify/improve yield rate from admit to enrolled
- Yield efforts to students who have paid the fee and not signed up for orientation
- Yield efforts continue for transfer students
Progress made this reporting period:
Recruitment: enhance Unit’s planning and accountability
- IRUA Recruitment Team, using our 2014-15 Strategic Plan, is making plans for targeted trips to primary market regions, purchasing names, identifying vendors with web-based and translation services for recruitment outreach to primary and secondary markets.
- IRUA recruitment staff is exploring cost-saving printing and shipping options that will reduce costs of distributing materials to targeted international locations.
- Admissions staff has submitted annual changes for CollegeNet for the 2015 online application and specifications for new form that will expedite processing time and give applicants or their designees access for uploading documents and checking application status.
International Partnerships: establish collaborations and articulation agreements
- Through collaboration with the Shorelight Boston Office, the Admissions Team is processing fall 2014 applicants for the KUAAP program, as follows. As of June 21:
- 18 total applications given to IRUA by Shorelight: 14 FYR / 4 TRF
- 11 admitted to KUAAP
- 3 admitted as degree-seeking FYR & TRF who will begin with initial AEC studies
- 4 new applications for KU AAP under IRUA review for Fall
Visiting Student Programs: develop and implement
- No new updates
Traditional Recruitment Activities: increase and diversify investments
- IRUA recruiter met with a number of international prospective students and families visiting campus.
- Recruitment staff used Hobsons CRM to publicize first Greater China alumni chapter event in Shanghai.
- Refinements to the 2015 communication plan and IRUA webpage are underway.