Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Assisting KU Construction with F.S. electricians to install Card Access Systems on campus projects to save about half the cost if outsourced.
- Inventory / Storeroom:
- FY14 inventory completed and updated on EXISTING items in Maximo.
- Many shops have unreported inventory. We are outlining a course of action for counting and entering these items into our Maximo inventory. The process is difficult as item information such as cost and vendor are not always readily available. We are working on entering the higher value items first so our inventory can reflect the change.
- Working on a classification system for our inventory items to make it more accessible for our staff and to increase overall business intelligence of our inventory.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Continued Safety 3 Training for Facilities Services Staff.
- Met with City of Lawrence Utilities Mgt. staff to discuss campus water outage necessary to replace a main water shut-off valve and meter scheduled for July 9, 2014.
- New Plumbing Supervisor (Dennis Madere) started June 23, 2014.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Of five custodial vacancies in Zone 5, only filling two with full-time staff and three with temp-staff while analyzing if all five full time are needed.
- Identified key storeroom usage fields in Maximo and worked with KUIT to make fields available for reporting. Goal is to give zone shops more visibility on storeroom visits to improve efficiency by reducing/combining these visits.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Continued planning for transition from ESP contract effective July 1.
- Eliminated 630 standing work orders that were replaced by PM programming for FY15. 526 remain with 422 dedicated to vehicles and equipment (primarily fueling) and 104 for various activities not yet associated with a PM program. We will work over the coming months to further reduce these standing work orders.
- Continued working with KUIT and Campus Operations on outlining proposed budget and timeline for Maximo reset project. We hope to submit for approval this week and have CFI begin work in August.