Construction Strategic Sourcing: develop capability with unified purchasing group
- Developed RFP for student housing public-private partnership.
- Managed strategic equipment/material purchases for summer projects.
- Conducted construction strategic sourcing workgroup meeting and coordinated with Purchasing. Drafted action plan.
- Requested assistance from Purchasing to implement large-format printing strategic sourcing.
Financial Management Best Practices: design processes to enhance KU's buying power
- Submitted historical rehabilitation tax credits applications for two projects.
- Coordinated with Purchasing on KUPPS procedures.
- Coordinated with legal counsel and KUEA on proposed construction audit contract clauses.
- Arranged for KUIT capabilities to enter assets in VFA.facility, a database for planning, estimating, and prioritizing infrastructure improvements.
- Communicated with KUIT regarding the Maximo project.
Construction Management Best Practices: develop Unit and integrate with KU Master Plan
- New business manager started June; received training from retiring business manager.
- Site construction crew transferred to FS effective June 9, since this crew primarily performs maintenance work.
- Continued developing key performance indicators report.
- Participated in campus master planning work sessions and meetings.