Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Continued bi-weekly meetings with housing to ensure good communication and service provision per the SLA.
- FS Procurement Manager met with Student Housing procurement rep to investigate streamlining of custodial supply purchasing. Updating order sheets to better track procurements.
- Updating SLA with most recent service contract info from meeting last period.
- Identified proper funding of positions in various service areas under FS to improve accounting for FTE, labor costs, and fringes in SLA.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Coordinating new employee orientation and required safety training program for all FS employees with new FS Safety Manager, and benchmarking with EHS. All FS maintenance employees scheduled to complete initial training by end of July. HR now scheduling new employees for first-day safety training.
- Diverse group working on Lock-out, Tag-out program for safety to ensure dangerous equipment cannot be energized while people are working on the equipment.
- Scheduled forklift operations and safety training for FS and other stakeholders on campus.
- Conducted Safety training session for FS personnel.
- Participating in Distracted Driving policy group to create new policy for KU.
- Held debrief and lessons-learned meeting on Commencement preparations and operations. Feedback was very positive that all requirements were met in a timely manner.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Held weekly meeting with Zone Managers/Supervisors and Central Shop Supervisors to improve communications and workflow between Zones and Central Shops.
- Provided input to annual budget cycle regarding positions and OOE funding; working to identify funding for several shortfall positions critical to the success of CFE organization.
- Obtaining quotes for expanded licensing of EZ Max Mobile, handheld units, and cases to expand Maximo Mobile capabilities beyond pilot project level. Current plan will have majority of maintenance personnel and custodial supervisory personnel with mobile capability.
- Held Maximo Roadmap meeting with central IT. Continued work on Maximo permissions aligning with functional user groups, and change/configuration approval process.
- Emphasizing cross training with HVAC Techs in Zones and Central Shops. Techs required collaborate on projects where appropriate.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Successfully negotiated with selected candidates for energy manager position; Mr. George Werth will start with KU on July 8, 2013.
- Scheduled meeting with Natural Gas supplier to review strategies for procurement of NG by either locking in fixed pricing for periods of time, or riding the market index for cost.
- Working with accounting and procurement offices to obtain KUPPS training for FS personnel, including transition plan that will address questions regarding Maximo. Concern is some level of duplicate entry for each procurement.
- Received proposal from E&I consulting group to evaluate and streamline inventory management processes; scheduled conference call with consultant.