KU’s Research Caliber: strengthen skills and retain top performers
- This project is complete, but progress will continue to be tracked.
- A Quality Assurance (QA) task force has been formed to ensure that continuous improvement is applied to current QA initiatives, and to expand efforts to other areas of KU Office of Research. The committee is chaired by Kristi Billinger and Linda Sadler.
- Held Thursday Research Topics session on Administering Service Rates (25 attendees)
- Conducted site visit of University of Wisconsin-Madison research administration offices to compare structures/processes for potential improvements at KU.
- Cross campus administration committee met with all point of contacts for Pre-Award Services, Contracts, Post-Award Services and Research Integrity/Compliance to identify areas for improvement based upon the cross campus report. Sub-committees will prepare progress reports and are due to Co-Chairs Kristi Billinger and Debbie Maloney on June 12, 2015.
Pursue System Improvements: implement tools that increase faculty and administrative efficiency; collaborate with KUMC where feasible
- Working to improve the cost transfer process
- Working on close out process and communication tools between PAS and SSCs/Centers
- Continue to work on KUPPS delegation process to include other procurement systems
- Ongoing discussions with varies stakeholders regarding full stabilization associated with AR/BI
- The effort reporting code rewrite project is nearly closed out. The most recent run of student effort cards has been validated by QA procedures. In addition to the rewrite, efficiencies have been added to the overall process by adding an exception log so the KUCR staff can see what is being excluded from reports and validate accuracy. This has proven useful so far and all items in the exception log are as expected.
- The KU developer–Adi Sekar–for e-compliance (Click) is taking a large portion of the work that was formerly outsourced to Huron/Click. A system patch scheduled for Friday, June 19 consists of fixes and enhancements that he coded.
- Mary Ann Roesner has worked with KUIC and their technology consultants to roll out marketing campaigns for commercialized technologies using Salesforce and Hubspot. The integration of these technologies result in automated marketing tracking.
KUCR Efficiency: strengthen operations, processes, and overall effectiveness
- This project is complete.