Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Phone Conference with Grainger to negotiate plan for Grainger support to FS procurement, storeroom and inventory management. Goal is to have part time Grainger employee assisting in FS Storeroom by end of month.
- Reviewed pest control project to validate scope of contract and process for verification of service prior to payment of invoices.
- Held annual meeting with NALCO reps on boiler and chiller water treatment programs. Housing facilities now fully integrated in contract. Negotiated contract renewal increase cost to only 1% vs. proposed 3%.
- Continued providing ideas and suggestions with Operations to address budget pressures.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Published FS KPI’s for May – Percentage of PM work orders (not labor hours) was 42% of the 7082 total work orders completed in May.
- FS Employee Advisory Council quarterly meeting held; Director fielded questions and variety of topics.
- FS Space analysis study completed; taking action to clean out several areas working with Tracy Horstman and other stakeholders.
- Held 3rd round of Safety training sessions for staff.
- Reviewed after-hours response procedures with KUCR; will provide direct contact list for response.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Entered automated PM work orders in Maximo for emergency generator testing and other work load for 2nd shift PM Shop.
- Distributed MOU with Athletics for final review, comments, and signature.
- Held quarterly conference call with Edwards campus facilities manager. Provided information on submission of work orders in Maximo and working toward Edwards becoming a more independent “Zone” with program support from KU Facilities Services.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Met on proposed energy dashboard to enable real time display of building energy usage. Effort is one key step in behavioral energy management.
- Working with ESP reps to understand functions and requirements prior to termination of ESP contract effective July 1.
- PM stats to date: 1,410 automatically generated PM work orders. 252 different Preventive Maintenance Setups. 66 of those PMs have associated routes – multiple assets per PM for increased worker efficiency.
- 6,532 total assets entered to date. Still working an Air Handler Unit inventory.
- Discussing inventory process to figure out how to enter existing, significant unaccounted for inventory items into Maximo.