KU’s Research Caliber: strengthen skills and retain top performers
- Held Thursday Research Topics (TRT) session on costs transfers and retroactive funds adjustments (35 attendees).
- Hosted Association of Government Accounts 2-hour webcast on “Understanding the DATA Act” (8 attendees).
- Hosted make-up NCURA 2.5 hour webcast on “Universities and the OMB Uniform Guidance” (4 attendees).
- Interviewing for three grants specialist in Post Award.
Pursue System Improvements: implement tools that increase faculty and administrative efficiency; collaborate with KUMC where feasible
- Re-drafted memorandum of understanding for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Shared Service Center.
- Met with Comptroller staff to ensure congruence in establishing rates for and administering fee-for-service agreements.
- KUL and KUMC are collaborating on several improvements: additional help text for COI, redesign of some interface elements to promote intuitive use.
- System administrator Elise Waldron continues to manage bug fixes, issues log, and update schedule. Next patch will be installed June 13.
- The Animal Care Unit site is in beta stage, currently under review by leadership.
- Continuing with SME meetings and now business process review meetings with Huron.
KUCR Efficiency: strengthen operations, processes, and overall effectiveness
- The AR/Billing QA team continues to add quality checks in preparation for deployment. Bill Saltmarsh has developed a QA dashboard for leadership, and KUCR is pooling resources to ensure data are staged properly for rollout and beyond.
- Continuing discussions regarding improvement of KUPPs and PI delegation of authority processes.