Enhanced Budgeteer Role:
- Implementation of FMW / BudCast expected to provide basis for higher level discussions with budget officers and KU central administration.
- Initial wave of training sessions for budget officers and central staff has been completed; over 110 campus staff have participated.
- While the first wave of training has been completed, specialized training and desk side coaching continue for all staff. Recently, training was provided to staff from the office of Business and Financial Planning. Previously scheduled training for other offices has been postponed.
Redesign KU's Annual Budget Process: encompass all sources of funding
- Status of the FMW/BudCast implementation:
- Continued development on the All Funds Budget template to be utilized in future budget calls.
- Working on changes to the Budget and Financial systems to incorporate additional OOE categories into these systems to enable a more robust reporting mechanism for FY 2014.
- Budget Office website now includes information concerning BudCast.
- Anomolies related to KUEA expenditure reporting in BudCast have been resolved.
- FY 2014 Budget Call
- Budget Officers for dean and vice provosts continue to work on FY 2013 and FY 2014 spending plan summaries.
- Discussions have been scheduled by the Provost's Office
- Round 1 of compact meeting completed as of 05/21/2013.
- Meetings for compact round 2 have begun; 12 meetings completed as of 05/22/2013.
Create Budgetary Incentives: to grow enrollment & sponsored research, rewarding accountability
- No new updates