KU's Research Caliber: strengthen skills, technology, and retaining top performers
- On June 13, 2013 the Thursday Research Topics (TRT) covered travel related information. John Luther, Manager of Accounting and Reporting, KUCR Financial Services provided updates and refreshers on this topic. All TRT sessions are available online.
- The TRT being held on July 11, 2013 will provide some guidance on unraveling the mystery surrounding cost share and matching.
- Grant coordinators meeting will be held on July 25, 2013.
- The upcoming TRT on August 8, 2013 will cover compliance issues surrounding human subjects.
Pursue System Improvements: implement tools that increase faculty and administrative efficiency; collaborate with KUMC where feasible
- The AR/Billing project is ongoing. Project sponsors are Katrina Yoakum, Roy Lytle, Linda Sadler, Kristi Billinger, and Huron consultants Mike Phillips and Jason Moebius. Project Managers are Colette Gillespie and Huron consultant Celia Gravely. Research functional and technical members are Karen Schaller, John Luther, Kim Reynolds, Anita Abel, Cynthia Walker, Robert Kerley, Bill Saltmarsh, Michelle Swisher, and Linda Brooks. The project sponsors, project managers, functional and technical representatives meet bi-weekly; the next meeting is scheduled for 07/08/13. An advisory group is being developed and the first meeting is planned for late July.
- Linda Sadler and Kristi Billinger met with Huron consultants Adam Erickson and Mike Phillips to view and provide feedback on updates that have been made to the Financial Managers Workbench (FMW)
- As a direct result of the Data Integrity project PeopleSoft roles for Post-award services are being redefined.
KUCR Efficiency: strengthen operations, processes, and overall effectiveness
- Nick Stevens, Michelle Ginavan-Hayes, Linda Sadler, and Kristi Billinger conducted a site visit at UC-Berkeley to discuss their SSC model.
- Work on the Data Integrity Project is ongoing.
- Jill McMillan and Cynthia Walker have accepted positions in the newly established Award Processing Services. The team members are actively setting up new awards, continuations, provisionals and rebudgets. For the period of 06/13/13 – 06/29/13 the team issued 94 budget summaries.