Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Eliminated 630 standing work orders that were replaced by PM programming; 526 remain with 422 dedicated to vehicles and equipment (primarily fueling) and 104 for various activities not yet associated with a PM program. We will work over the coming months to further reduce these standing work orders.
- Published FS KPI’s for June – Percentage of PM work orders (not labor hours) was 58% of the 8278 total work orders completed in June.
- Entered automated PM workorders in Maximo for emergency generator testing and other work load for 2nd Shift PM Shop.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Continued working with KUIT and Campus Operations on outlining proposed budget and timeline for Maximo reset project. We hope to submit for approval this week and have CFI begin work in August
- FS Employee Advisory Council quarterly meeting held; Director fielded questions and variety of topics. Bob Baldwin selected as FS Employee of Month for July.
- Continued third round of Safety training for FS staff emphasizing eye and ear protections and OSHA equivalent benchmarking.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Reviewed pest control project to validate scope of contract and process for verification of service prior to payment of invoices.
- Held annual meeting with NALCO reps on boiler and chiller water treatment programs. Negotiated contract renewal increase cost to only 1% vs. proposed 3%.
- FS Space analysis study completed; taking action to clean out several areas working with Tracy Horstman and other stakeholders.
- Reviewed after hours response procedures with KUCR; provided direct contact list for response
- Met with City of Lawrence utilities management staff; scheduled campus water outage for the city to replace a main water shut-off valve and meter scheduled for July 9, 2014
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Met on proposed energy dashboard to enable real time display of building energy usage. Effort is one key step in behavioral energy management.
- Working with ESP reps to understand functions and requirements prior to termination of ESP contract effective July 1.
- FY14 inventory completed and updated on EXISTING items in Maximo.
- Many shops have unreported inventory. We are outlining a course of action for counting and entering these items into our Maximo inventory. The process is difficult as item information such as cost and vendor are not always readily available. We are working on entering the higher value items first so our inventory can reflect the change Working on a classification system for our inventory items to make it more accessible for our staff and to increase overall business intelligence of our inventory.
- Identified key storeroom usage fields and worked with KUIT to make fields available for reporting. Goal is to give shops more visibility on storeroom visits to improve efficiency by reducing/combining these visits.
- Phone Conference with Grainger to negotiate plan for Grainger support to FS procurement, storeroom and inventory management. Goal is to have part time Grainger employee assisting in FS Storeroom by end of month.