U Shared Service Center – Build the Foundation: evaluate job functions, redesign business processes, and create training materials
- This project is complete
KU Regional Shared Service Center Implementation: to streamline job functions and improve business processes
- The SSC implementation team continued to prepare for the July 7th go-live of the second wave of the Campus Administration & Operations SSC, transition of the Center for Research on Learning into the Biobehavioral & Social Research SSC, and the opening of the Biomedical Research SSC.
- The SSC implementation team finalized the approvers and workflow changes necessary in the Financial and HR systems to prepare for the July 7th go-lives.
- Pat Kuester, director of the Campus Administration & Operations SSC, hosted meetings to discuss SSC roles and responsibilities with the VPs, Directors, future SSC staff, and the staff remaining in departments.
- The SSCs met with representatives from the Office of Research and Financial Management Systems to brainstorm strategies for reimagining the delegation of PI approval in KUPPS for purchases on sponsored projects.
- The SSCs met with HR and IT to discuss requirements for the 3G process once onboarding is implemented in BrassRing.