Single Identity Management System
- This project status is still Critical (i.e. Red). The teams continue meeting, and are working to re-establish timelines for this project. The team expects to establish new timelines by the next report. For META, the team has completed password policy discussions, and will be publishing those for sign-off. The team also continues to resolve user conflicts, complete requirements for data attribute syncing, and is developing a process to prevent creation of duplicate and conflicting user accounts.
Leverage Software Purchasing
- Analysis continues on multiple years of software purchase data, with a focus on overlaps between KU-L and KU-M, looking at total spend with each individual vendor. Work is underway with KU Purchasing to update KU's contract with Perceptive Software to reflect expiration of the State of Kansas contract. Total savings recognized to-date is $297,174.54.
Increase MFD Usage
- Monitoring new processes and collecting cost savings data. Cosponsoring a print reduction competition starting 1/7/2013 with a number of academic departments in Wescoe Hall.
- The Server Centralization team continues to work to implement server hosting plans and managed services hosting agreements for those departments that the team has previously met with and completed migration planning for. The team did not meet with any additional departmental staff for registration review and migration planning in the previous two-week period due to the winter holiday.
Reorganize & Redefine
- There are no activities on this project since the last report due to the winter holiday. The project team will resume meeting on January 7, 2013.
- The network teams continue to move forward on the Changing for Excellence Network Optimization initiatives. Network engineering continues to improve on the KU Peering Network design. The DNS Anycast architecture has been implemented and is being thoroughly tested by IT staff. Progress continues to be made on changing overlapping IP addresses at the KU Lawrence and KU Medical Center campuses.
Enterprise-wide Document Imaging and Workflow
- The CLAS subproject released the Reinstate/Readmit eForm to production and will be releasing the Retroactive Withdrawal eForm soon. The Invoice Processing subproject team continues to test the developed solution and plans to release to production with the KU Procure to Pay Initiative Wave Two in the spring of 2013, completing Phase 1 of the Enterprise-wide Document Imaging and Workflow project.
Campus CRM (Constituent Relationship Management)
- The Executive Sponsors have received the Executive Overview of the DemandEngine report.
- The Graduate Studies CRM project meetings are being held bi-weekly with IT and CollegeNET staff. CollegeNET has released some functionality of the new system for testing. Project partners are currently developing workflows and email templates. Graduate Studies is working with CollegeNET to import GRE test files. The goal is to have most functionality available and in production by March 2013.
- The Business & Industry CRM project team is reviewing bids from vendor for the design phase of this project. The goal is to have a vendor selected and ready to begin the design phase in January 2013.
Campus CMS (Content Management System)
Early Warning System
- The fall pilot of Early Warning completed on 12/21/12. Eight courses have been confirmed to participate in the Spring 2013 pilot. Training sessions for faculty, teaching assistants, and advisors have been scheduled in mid-January 2013.
- The fall pilot completed on 12/21/12. Work is under way to test a system that will enable the various schools and departments to load advisor assignment information into the system for all undergraduate students.