Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Implemented new process for DCM, IT, and FS to meet and confer prior to excavation near utilities. Working with IT on potential utility tracking software change.
- Move-in weekend resulted in many after-hours responses: FS response to sprinkler head damage in Jayhawker towers building A was fast and limited damage.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Second round of Safety Training for FS employees being conducted now.
- Reviewing progress with Huron reps this week to determine if final site visit is necessary.
- Working with CFI (IT consultant) to define scope of work for Maximo and other application integration projects with KU reps from FS, Accounting, and IT. Kickoff visit being scheduled first week of Feb.
- Selected Robert Kinder for Maximo position; he started work January 6.
- Working to reinvigorate PM program development and asset population in Maximo now that primary position for Maximo is filled. These areas need to remain high priority in Maximo workload.
- Will award FS EAC Employee of the month award to Mr. Allen Flanner at the Storeroom. Allen worked extra hard to keep the storeroom running smoothly during the period of transition with two vacancies, including the supervisor position.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Completed 3047 work orders in December 2013, with 100% satisfaction rate from survey results.
- Met with Athletics on proposal to establish MOU for service levels that FS will provide in support of Athletics facilities. Conceptually agreed on approach where FS will perform all requested work up to a certain dollar amount annually as non-billable and then all work beyond that dollar amount will be billable up to the end of the Fiscal Year. Draft MOU circulated to stakeholders for comment/input. Events support and preparation, and utilities reimbursement will remain separately billable items.
- Reviewing snow removal plan for updates and reminding FS workers of importance of accessible pathways during snow removal operations.
- Working on annual performance evaluations for staff. High percentage of evaluations are complete; following up to make sure we have all evaluations complete and submitted to HR.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Energy efficient LED lighting project completed at Mississippi and AFH parking garages prior to end of year for energy savings tax credit. One faulty light fixture will be replaced by FS, not contractor.
- Met with Westar reps, DCM, and Sustainability on grant program for solar power panel installation. Project for 10-30KW solar power panel project completely funded by Westar is possible. Working with stakeholders to identify building and site for application.
- Worked with Sustainability on strategic planning and goal setting where FS has role for energy conservation, metering, and other energy related topics.
- Continue to work issues with Energy Savings Contract. Energy Manager working on improved metering for electrical and steam (condensate return meters).
- Selected candidate for FS Storeroom Supervisor position: Ms. Michelle Swisher (internal candidate) will be starting February 3.
- Received ESG Consulting group report on the Storeroom and warehousing/inventory issues. Will need to review results and agree on action plan to move forward.
- Decision made to transition motor pool to Enterprise contract operation: working on drafting procedures and will target transition to contract by March 1, 2014.