Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Reviewed applicants for Workforce Management Manager position, and selected four candidates for interviews.
- Finalized Safety Manager PD and posted job announcement on web site. Position closed 1/13/13; however, plan to extend position and advertise again to ensure better exposure and increase the number of qualified candidates. New closing date will be 1/25/13.
- Selected candidates for preliminary phone interviews for Administrative Associate Sr. position (Assistant to FS Director).
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Held phone conference with Huron reps and discussed host of issues, including IT support with Maximo, configuration of assets for proper entry into Maximo, and need to meet with KU FS IT Support with Huron when they visit. Next visit scheduled for late January.
- Met with DCM to discuss funding guidelines and definitions for various types of work for FS versus DCM versus potentially shared responsibility, which was prompted by the piping replacement project at dining facility in Mrs. E's.
- DCM found document on line regarding Facilities Life Cycle Cost Management for rough guidelines on funding levels for Maintenance and Repair (operations) versus larger projects (capital asset management).
- Held weekly meeting with Zone Managers, Zone Supervisors and Central Shop Supervisors to improve communications and workflow between the Zones and Central Shops.
- Routed SLA to Student Housing with request for final review and signature. Scheduling meeting for accounting issues and overhead discussion for financial aspects of the SLA.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Six (6) HVAC technicians started in zones on 1/7/13. Two service vehicles and one utility scooter were transferred from the central HVAC shop to the zones.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- No new updates
- No new updates