Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Worked with Public Affairs on Wall Street Journal article on CFE Savings in FS. Escorted photographer to various locations for pictures of FS employees on the job.
- Assisted Memorial Union with emergency repairs to fire main sprinkler; partnered with DCM, and Union employees as well as McElroys for successful emergency repair to critical system.
- Work in housing buildings and cleaning in academic areas will be ongoing during the several week period of student vacation.
- Working through HVAC and plumbing issues in several buildings due to extreme cold snap and damage to some systems.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Continued Safety training for overnight shifts and started second round of safety training (safety overview, ergonomics, lifting) for day shift employees.
- Held electrical code and arc flash safety training for electricians.
- Recognized two FS employee Advisory Council employees of the month, Larry Higgins for December and Natalya Vorobey for January.
- Delivered over $900 in merchandise and gift card donations to FS adopted family for the holidays through the Salvation Army.
- Submitted APPA Facilities Performance Indicators (FPI) Survey this week. This enables free access to other participants’ data for benchmarking once APPA validates data and publishes the results.
- Selected Robert Kinder for Maximo position; he will return to KU in early January.
- Contract for CFI0 (IT consultant) signed and underway. CFI will help define scope of work for Maximo and integration projects with KU reps from FS, Accounting, and IT
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Completed 3047 work orders in December, with 100% satisfaction rating from automated survey responses.
- Wi-Fi projects completed on west campus to improve coverage for handheld devices.
- EZ Max Mobile and handheld devices rolled out to about 70% of maintenance employees and custodial supervisory staff. Central Plumbing shop scheduled early in January. Initial feedback positive.
- Zones responsible for housing areas are working through firewall issues and will be able to use handhelds in their areas through ResNet.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Worked with Center for Sustainability to populate Strategy Table goals and objectives in energy related areas of Sustainability Plan.
- Completed project for LED lighting installation in Mississippi and AFH garages enabling submission of tax credit for parking funded project.
- Expecting ESG consulting report on warehouse and inventory management soon.
- Received proposals from Enterprise to transition motor pool to Enterprise contract operation; working with procurement and drafting procedures for customers to use contract directly.
- Exploring pilot opportunity with Grainger to dispense PPE and tools through vending like machine – free service with Grainger at our customer spending level.
- Filled one Storekeeper vacancy, and currently interviewing for Storeroom Supervisor position.