Shared Service Center Implementation Timeline
(Implementation takes from 3-4 months depending on size and complexity of Unit)
- Units review and validate Activity Assessment Results
- Dean or Unit Leader Identifies Leadership Team
- Initial Leadership Team Meeting: Review Activity Assessment Results, Review Transaction Volume, Discuss Potential Roadblocks, etc.
- Process Review: SSC staff conduct process reviews with selected unit staff
- Leadership Team Meeting: Make Staffing Decisions (1-2 meetings)
- Dean or Designee Notifies Staff that will Shift to the SSC
- SSC Director Meets with Staff Shifting to the SSC
- Roles & Responsibilities Meeting: Dean (optional), Associate Deans (optional), Area Directors or Unit Directors, Chairs, Business Officers, etc.
- Roles & Responsibilities Meeting: Staff that will remain in the unit
- Go-Live: Staff physically move, SSC assumes responsibility for transactional activity
SSC Project Timeline