Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Record-setting snow storm closed campus for two days this week. FS equipment operators worked nearly around the clock, and all weather essential employees worked to get campus operational, clearing 14 inches of snow.
- Last progress review of FS CFE initiatives being scheduled with Huron reps for week of 2/17
- Received 2nd quarter report on SLA financial tracking. Costs of service tracking just slightly over last year’s level at midpoint of Fiscal Year.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Postponed first session of Customer Service Training this week due to snow. Multiple sessions for FS scheduled over next 6 weeks.
- Annual performance evaluations for staff complete
- Postponed kick-off meeting with CFI this week. Will need to reschedule quickly to define scope of work for Maximo and other application integration projects with KU reps from FS, Accounting and IT.
- EZ Max Mobile training and distribution of handheld devices to Central Shops will start up again.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Completed 3,440 work orders in January 2014 with 90%+ satisfaction rate overall from survey results
- Working to reinvigorate PM program development and asset population in Maximo now that primary position for Maximo is filled. These areas need to remain high priority in Maximo workload.
- Served on the roofing contractor interview committee for on-call roofing contract.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Identified short list of potential locations for submission of grant request for solar power panel installation. Project for 10-30KW solar power panel installation would be completely funded by Westar. Sustainability, DCM and FS are working together on application submission.
- Working on automating meters and server upgrades for metering to better gather building energy use data. Also investigating building energy dashboard products.
- Decision made to transition motor pool to Enterprise contract operation. Notification to customers and procedures document complete. Need to push out to customers and post on web next week. Transition to new procedures scheduled for March 1st
- Awarded FS EAC Employee of the Month award to Mr. Allan Flanner at the Storeroom. Allan worked extra hard to keep the storeroom running smoothly during a period of transition with two vacancies.
- Received draft ESG Consulting group report on the Storeroom and warehousing/inventory issues. Need to set up meeting to review results and agree on action plan.
- Attending Grainger conference to learn more on inventory management solutions.