Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Established search committee for Safety Manager position, closing at end of this week.
- Conducted last interview, made selection and offer for AA Sr. position Assistant to FS Director – not yet accepted.
- Sent draft final PD for FS Procurement Manager to search committee for last review.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Held recognition reception for night shift custodial crew at Union. Recognized employees and reviewed FS progress, new emphasis on communications and solicited employee input. Very well received by work force.
- Attended Campus Master Plan meetings and provided feedback as part of steering committee.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Held weekly meeting with Zone Managers, Zone Supervisors and Central Shop Supervisors to improve communications and workflow between the Zones and Central Shops.
- KU Construction completed work in Zones 4 & 5. FS has occupancy and is changing locks this week.
- Finalized PD and sent announcement for Zone 1 Manager position to ROC for posting.
- Attended familiarization and CFE meeting at Edwards Campus for provision of Facilities Services.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Sent draft PD for Campus Energy Manager to Stakeholders for review and comment.
- Completed EZ Max Mobile procurement with SLA and License agreement. Procured new IPod touches for use with new application.