Recruitment: strengthen pipeline through more aggressive funnel management (FYR/TR)
- Collaboration with Kauffman Foundation to strengthen KU-Kauffman Scholars partnership
- Jayhawk Night receptions held in Denver and Dallas for prospective students
- Transfer scholarship deadline was February 1
Retention Management: increase first-year rate to 90%, six-year graduation to 70%
- FAS communications to all current students for whom KU has received a 2013-14 ISIR/FAFSA
- Robo-calls to current students with incomplete 2013-14 FAFSA files
- February is Financial Aid Awareness Month: FAS FAFSA 3/1 priority date ads on Facebook, KU Buses, and banners in residence halls
Technology: establish systems and structures necessary to achieve enrollment results
- TES contract has been renegotiated for 2013
- IT Demo of KU Knowledge Base system applicable for service delivery
- Met with IT, Huron, and College SSC colleagues to discuss development of scholarship tools
Yield Management: solidify/improve yield rate from admit to enrolled
- FAS communications to prospective students for whom KU has received a 2013-14 ISIR/FAFSA
- Robo-calls to newly admitted students with incomplete 2013-14 FAFSA files
- Scholarship offer letters to newly admitted transfer students
- Scholarship offer letters to newly admitted freshmen who submitted updated test scores and/or HS GPA
- 1.29.13: FAS conducted a live Web Chat for newly admitted transfer students
- 2.5.13: FAS conducted a live Web Chat for newly admitted out-of-state students
- 2.7.13: FAS conducted live a Web Chats for newly admitted in-state students
- Jayhawk Night receptions held in Denver and Dallas for admitted seniors
- Orientation registration went live on February 1. Email messages were sent to admitted students and parents of freshmen admitted students
- Qualifying campaign started for admitted freshmen
Recruitment: enhance Unit's planning and accountability
- We have upgraded two staff processing positions in International Admissions to double our capacity for making admit decisions, conducting credit evaluations, and evaluating transfer credit to KU.
- We have begun using CRM to proactively reach out to applicants with incomplete files. We are dramatically reducing incomplete application numbers.
- Hawk Notes will go out to students via CRM for the first time.
Traditional Recruitment Activities: increase and diversify investments
- Admit numbers for this coming summer (this week compared to the same week last year) are up 234%. We currently have 87 admitted students, compared to 26 at this time last year. We are now working hard to secure their enrollment.
- Admit numbers for Fall 2013 (comparing this week to the same time last year) are up 31%. We currently have 93 admitted international undergraduate students compared to 71 at this time last year.