Enhanced Budgeteer Role:
- Implementation of FMW / BudCast expected to provide basis for higher level discussions with budget officers and KU central administration.
- Initial wave of training sessions for budget officers and central staff has been completed; over 80 campus staff have participated:
- Additional training sessions will be scheduled for newly appointed budget officers
- Additional training sessions will be scheduled for staff in the Shared Service Center
- While the first wave of training has been completed, specialized training and desk side coaching continue.
Redesign KU's Annual Budget Process: encompass all sources of funding
- Status of the FMW/BudCast implementation:
- Continued development on All Funds Budget template to be used in future budget calls
- Working on changes to the Budget and Financial systems to incorporate additional OOE categories to enable a more robust reporting mechanism for FY 2014.
- FY 2014 Budget Call
- Budget Officers for deans and vice provosts continue to work on FY 2013 and FY 2014 spending plan summaries
- Discussions have been scheduled by the Provost's Office
- One meeting completed as of 02/15/2012.
Create Budgetary Incentives: to grow enrollment & sponsored research, rewarding accountability
- No current updates