Construction Strategic Sourcing: develop capability with unified purchasing group
- Sent renegotiated job-order general contractor contracts for signature.
- Awarded on-call contract to three landscaping contractors; sent for signatures.
- Closed re-advertised RFP for on-call roofing contractors, reviewed proposals, ready to shortlist.
- Met with flooring vendor; received proposed financial incentives for strategic sourcing contract.
- Initiating negotiations for strategic souring contract with chiller/cooling tower/air handler vendor.
- Planning training for in-house installation/ maintenance of access control systems.
- Developing RFP for competitive procurement of access control systems.
Financial Management Best Practices: design processes to enhance KU’s buying power
- The LEEP2 audit continues.
- Pre-audit preparations are underway for School of Business, McCollum Residence Hall Replacements, Jayhawk Blvd. Phase 2, and Fieldhouse Apartments.
- Revising contract front-end documents to clarify circumstances when a public works bond may be used in lieu of a surety bond.
Construction Management Best Practices: develop Unit and integrate with KU Master Plan
- Planning integrated science capital improvements outlined in master plan.
- Received some commitments from City on upcoming street improvements of mutual interest.