Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Continue to hold meetings with Doug Carter to discuss Housing and FS business
- Met with Callie Long to review the GSP project and look at Housing & FS financial responsibilities.
- Met with zone 2 and 6 to evaluate the Fall and Winter Break Projects, how they track and where we are at.
- Assess the Zone Planner Positions with Callie Long & Shawn Harding.
- Attended the retirement of long time employee Cynthia Woods.
- Held discussion with Housing leadership on opportunities Maximo reset project could provide for better service delivery, asset management and facility reporting.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Meet weekly with Carol to discuss possible Human Resource issues and resolutions.
- Hold weekly leadership meeting to discuss challenges and opportunities for staff.
- Present December Employee of the Month to Buddy Taylor of Zone 2.
- Continue to work on finalizing a Custodial Service Level Agreement.
- Issue comments and follow up to the November EAC meeting to all staff.
- Work on the December Foghorn to share information with staff.
- Set up Safety IV sessions to ensure staff safety with ladder usage.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Attend DCM coordination meeting to discuss projects and efficiencies with the department.
- Met with Mike Russell & Steve Levenson to look at the Rolling Safety Strategic Plan.
- Held a quarterly meeting with Leigh Driver of the KU Edwards campus.
- Conducted a zone manger’s meeting to discuss overall zone maintenance and staff.
- Working with new HVAC supervisor, Jarrod Sommer with his plans to expand PM program for HVAC assets.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Discuss Fume Hoods with Larry Cattoor.
- Held a monthly meeting with George Werth to get an update on the program and projects.
- With George Werth, Julie Bellucci and David Alvarez, met to discuss Schneider Electric Priority Support Agreement.
- Discuss Store Items with Julie Bellucci and Zone Managers
- Held a biweekly meeting with Julie Bellucci to discuss assets and general purchasing issues.
- Work with the Special Services crew to install new parking signs.
- Continue to work with Daniel Tabakh to implement the use of Biodesel soap.
- Continued efforts to clean up asset data as we begin to rely more on this data for asset management as well as service delivery through PM efforts.
- Continued efforts to create ‘parent’ assets that tie collections of similar assets in a building together to create systems. These parent assets are being used for PM programs that inspect whole systems of a building.
- Created an inventory of building assets in Maximo. Very useful for creating PMs for whole building services – ex. Pest control and elevator services.