KU’s Research Caliber: strengthen skills and retain top performers
- Amy Patty joined the Award processing services and increased the FTE of the team by .65 FTE. Amy brings approximately fifteen years of research administration experience to the team.
- Suzanne Henderson will join the Compliance team the week of 12/15/14. Suzanne brings approximately sixteen years of research administration to the team.
- Uniform Guidance steering committee continues to meet weekly. Sub-committees have been formed and are also meeting.
Pursue System Improvements: implement tools that increase faculty and administrative efficiency; collaborate with KUMC where feasible
- We anticipate the newly designed Occupational Health Assessment for Animal Care and Use to be in operation prior to the spring semester. This will improve communication with health care providers (thus streamlining the approval process) and facilitate sending requests for annual updates.
- SSC view for Budget Summary in Image Now imminent
KUCR Efficiency: strengthen operations, processes, and overall effectiveness
- A new hire will start 12/19 that will provide compliance checking services to streamline award set-up and enhance compliance documentation on awards.
- Award processing is up to date. Goal for setting up incoming awards is 5 working days.
- Completing Award Processing Services documentation for setting up awards
- Working on PAS management dashboard tool