Enhanced Budgeteer Role:
- Implementation of FMW / BudCast, expected to provide basis for higher level discussions with budget officers and KU central administration
- Training Sessions with budget officers and central staff scheduled to begin week of Dec. 3 on FMW. Group training sessions with one-on-one desk side training to follow. Rollout will continue through January 2013.
Redesign KU's Annual Budget Process: encompass all sources of funding
- As of 11/26/2012, meetings to discuss FY 2012 year end carryforward balances with deans, vice provosts and budget officers have been completed; in total, 22 meetings were held.
- FY 2014 Budget Call initiated 12/06/2012.
- Status of the FMW implementation:
- Will be referred to as BudCast (a BUDgeting and foreCASTing reporting tool)
- Initial implementation is complete and the tool is now being utilized by Information Technology and the School of Education.
- A project plan (including scheduled training sessions and training documentation), for campus roll out began on December 5, 2012. Training and post "Go Live" support will continue through January 2013.
- Financial reports for departments and central administration are continuing to be developed through January 2013.
- Developing the All Funds Budget template to be utilized in future budget calls.
- Huron staff engaged in these efforts will be working to transition skill set to KU staff.
Create Budgetary Incentives: to grow enrollment & sponsored research, rewarding accountability
- FY 2014 Budget Call includes realignment targets based on these measures.