Construction Strategic Sourcing: develop capability with unified purchasing group
- Submitted proposed contract language regarding construction auditing and strategic sourcing along with draft policies & procedures to Associate Vice Provost, legal counsel, and KUEA for review and comment.
- Requested Purchasing assistance in updating preferred vendors list and negotiating updated/ additional strategic sourcing opportunities.
- Coordinated with Purchasing and SimplexGrinnell in re-negotiating fire alarm, fire sprinkler, and related services procurement contract.
- Coordinated with security workgroup in exploring options for improved access control installation services.
Financial Management Best Practices: design processes to enhance KU's buying power
- Interviewed developers for McCollum Hall Replacement public-private partnership. Currently evaluating proposals.
- Met with Lockton, KU’s insurance broker, to discuss insurance and bond cost reduction opportunities.
Construction Management Best Practices: develop Unit and integrate with KU Master Plan
- Reviewed and shortlisted applicants to interview for KU Construction administrative assistant (incumbent accepted a position in KU Athletics).
- Coordinated with Business Operations Service Center and Comptroller’s Office in processing construction equipment transfers.
- Participated in campus master planning work sessions and meetings.