Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Continued meeting with staff for feedback including central Plumbing and Landscape shops.
- Met with Trane to strengthen relationships after problems with dispute in Oliver Hall.
- Continued meeting with staff for feedback including Zone 5 and Garage trades people.
- Met with Housing to discuss some procurement processes for carpet. Transmitted updated SLA to housing for review.
- Met on campus master planning initiatives, including infrastructure aspects.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Extended FS climate survey to end of July and reassured staff that we don’t track individual responses for any purposes, only demographic info for data purposes.
- Obtained expanded licensing for 200 for EZ Max Mobile. Developing training module for staff.
- Working with HR on market survey results in areas of position descriptions, job titles and levels, and career progression for staff – held meeting Friday to address discrepancies and answer questions.
- Held follow-up meeting with Employee Advisory Council leadership after second meeting.
- Met with accounting to review and validate labor recovery rates to be adopted for this year.
- Attended compliance partners meeting and early return to work meeting.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Conducted second round of interviews and selected new HVAC Shop Supervisor – critical position. Owen Mallonee will start 8/4/13.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- No new updates.
- Received annual inventory tasking and worked with Comptroller’s Office and Accounting to extend deadline and discuss and clarify annual process. Will complete by 8/16.