Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Continued meeting with staff for feedback and info sharing, including Steam Shop and FS Engineering shop.
- Met with Athletics to check on FS customer service and ensure communication is good. Need to follow up to find out what is funded in FS budget model for maintenance and repair of Athletics buildings and document understanding with Athletics.
- Met with Housing on routine issues and status of updated SLA. Concluding summer surge work in all housing facilities and scheduling staff availability for move in.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Several meetings with Huron representatives for climate survey results and overall check in on progress for FS organization. Survey results favorable overall compared to last survey.
- Working with HR on market survey results – finalizing job titles and levels this week.
- Obtained estimates to expand Wi-Fi capability in several FS areas that don’t have capability. Wi-Fi required to support EZ Max Mobile application.
- Evaluating FS KPI’s and measures to improve them – Completed 3056 work orders in July.
- Attended APPA National Conference end of first week in August.
- Met with Emergency Management (John Marmon) to update FS points of contact for Building Emergency Liaison (BEL) system. Steve Levenson, FS Safety Manager is lead point of contact.
- Met with DCM on Infrastructure Fee Policy and potential example projects. Need to refine examples and process for how funds will be administered.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Meeting with IT to discuss Maximo Reset project and establish scope and priority of this in light of bigger picture IT needs.
- Held follow-up meeting with Trane rep to discuss KU needs for training and PM of HVAC equipment.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Met on campus master planning initiatives, including climate action plan.
- Pursuing maintenance contract for specialty HVAC sensing and control equipment for Malott and Haworth labs to continue energy savings efforts after ESP contract support no longer provides this service for KU. Estimated cost is $50K+ annually.
- Wrapping up annual inventories by 8/16, will review and submit next week.
- Provided feedback on consultant proposal to evaluate FS procurement, inventory management, and strategic sourcing.
- Working with KUPPS and trying to come up to speed, with significant concerns on double data entry and coordinating KUPPS and Maximo needs. Initial training emphasis helped a little, now encountering questions on more detailed user issues.