Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Met with campus operations on upcoming budget and changes to FS organization to re-allocate some positions to backfill vacancies that were defunded for FY 15. Scheduled meeting with HR to detail changes and perform required Union notifications.
- New refrigerant storage space being designed in warehouse building to meet code requirements for proper storage and control of refrigerants.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- FS Participating in GIS project with IT to make campus utility information more readily accurate and available.
- Maximo reset project plan approved. IT provided draft project charter for review and comments. Enrolled Shawn Harding in intensive Maximo training course the week of August 25th. Also attending - Gregg Holcomb, Joe Friday and Robert Kinder with KUIT and Callie Long with Campus Operations as part of the scope of the Maximo reset project.
- Workshop began for campus-wide GIS project with vendor 3-GIS. Working with vendor one-on-one to outline new ways of collecting exterior asset locations and attributes. Vendor has experience with Maximo integrations – pre-planning in place. Will know more about these integration points as the Maximo reset project gets underway. Thanks to IT for initiating this important project.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Loaned Service vehicle to KLETC after maintenance building fire.
- Met with PSO Emergency Management Office, Electronics technicians and Fire Marshal to outline new process to conduct fire alarm drills in multiple buildings monthly.
- In talks with key DCM staff on building information handovers on new buildings and projects. Specifically making preparations for handover on new School of Business. Decisions on KU standards are being explored for the ongoing success of this effort.
- Attended workshop for new campus event and space scheduling software – 25Live. Working with University Ceremonies and Special Events office on this project to gain greater transparency on scheduled events, scheduling outages, scheduling planned work, and scheduling FS resources for events.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Successfully completed power outage on west campus to install electrical meter systems on numerous buildings.
- Met with DCM and Center for Sustainability to determine locations for new trash and recycling receptacles along Jayhawk Boulevard.
- Held meeting with Westar on proposal to relocate west campus power substation. DCM now has project lead.
- Developing PD for energy office technician to handle building monitoring and scheduling of HVAC systems to pick up functions from terminated ESP contract employees.
- Converting vehicle asset numbers from alphanumeric to numeric only in preparation for new fuel management system that requires numeric keypad entry for vehicle ID.
- Continued efforts to replace standing work orders with automatically generated PM work orders. Finding new, more accurate and transparent ways to track the work we do.
- Selling off excess inventory of R-12 refrigerant valued at about $130,000.
- Grainger providing person part time assist with storeroom/inventory projects
- Inventory process for materials and supplies previously unaccounted for in shop areas progressing well.