Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Developed draft policy on custodial service level standards and formal QA process; submitted for review Tuesday 3/18. Received minor updates and will publish to campus customers.
- Johnson Controls contract renewed until 2015 with modest escalation of fees only.
- Attended School of Business design development input meeting.
- Attended Daisy Hill new construction design development meeting.
- Mr. David Alvarez accepted offer for Electrical Shop Chief position. He comes from a commercial electric company where he is working on diagnostic, preventive maintenance and repair of large switch gear and transformers. He is a licensed master electrician and has many years of supervisory experience. He will start 14 April.
- Central plumbing shop supervisor leaving for code inspector position with City of Lawrence. Disappointing loss of excellent supervisor, despite offering to match salary.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Met with KS State facilities personnel to benchmark and meet new staff.
- Completed 7 of 7 scheduled sessions of customer service training for FS employees. Over 90% of day shift personnel have received training.
- Published Foghorn quarterly newsletter Monday 3/17. Next edition will be June 2014.
- Met with FS Employee Advisory Council (EAC) leadership on their recent meeting and provided feedback on employee questions and concerns.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- KU Received CFI report. Need to review and determine way forward with Maximo and or other enterprise application solutions and integrations.
- Initiated space study to optimize space in current FS buildings, including storage areas used by others to identify opportunities for savings and efficiencies. Study will identify new location for Zone 3 since McCollum Hall scheduled for demolition.
- Risk Management presented transitional duty program to FS Zone and Central Shop leaders 3/19. Will pilot test program in FS.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Attended meeting with Black Hills energy regarding calibration and reconciling of gas meters.
- Working with SSC Director and Dept. 118 Ops reps to ensure proper support for energy cap and utility meter data input, direct debiting and billing. SSC and department level support people need to work closely with energy manager especially for training and transition periods.
- Met with business reps from Dept. 118 to identify and gain consensus on reporting needs in energy management business areas.
- KU received ESG final report on FS supply chain and inventory management. Will issue RFP to examine vendor managed alternatives to run storeroom.
- Working on adding assets to Maximo inventory. Currently consolidating Air Handler Unit hard copy inventory information in and will enter electronically.
- Will be working with Zones and Central Shops to provide more detailed asset information on equipment assets already entered in Maximo.
- Deploying asset inventory tags; already completed for large chillers.
- Developing planned approach to obtain PM information from Zones and Shops and then enter PM in Maximo for each asset category.