KU’s Research Caliber: strengthen skills and retain top performers
- Held eight-hour training course (4 two-hour sessions) in post-award research administration for Shared Service Center staff (average attendance 17 per session).
- Hired 3rd staff member in Post Award for grant management and award set up
Pursue System Improvements: implement tools that increase faculty and administrative efficiency; collaborate with KUMC where feasible
- Security roles for the AR BI Research module were drafted for core research processes.
- Office of Research continues work towards a weekly F&A posting process for improved grant oversight and management.
- ImageNow is increasingly becoming a workflow optimizer for reports such as budget summaries and subrecipient monitoring.
- Begin working on revision of PI delegation process for spending on sponsored projects
KUCR Efficiency: strengthen operations, processes, and overall effectiveness
- KUCR is testing a weekly campus reimbursement process to expedite the flow of funds back to KU.
- Implementation of Image Now for identified processes to increase workflow efficiency