Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Conducted interviews and selected Procurement Manager, Julie Bellucci, who will start 4/29/13.
- Provided CFE update to interim Vice Chancellor, Mary Ryan, for the Edwards Campus facilities maintenance.
- Hosted Regents Facilities Conference with FS making a presentation on the status of the merger and zone model of service delivery; DCM provided the program on deferred maintenance issues and the campus master plan. All Kansas Regents universities facilities organizations were represented with 36 total attendees. The conference went extremely well with very positive feedback and interaction with other university facilities representatives.
- Vehicle motor pool contract implemented for KU internal rentals; vehicles mostly redistributed for department 118 needs.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Held first Employee Advisory Council meeting on 4/15/13 with FS, USS Senate, and HR representatives. The group will set up their leadership and meet with FS leadership after each meeting. Suggestion boxes have already been established for the FS work areas.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Held weekly meeting with zone managers, zone supervisors, and central shop supervisors to improve communications and workflow between the zones and central shops.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Held meeting on energy initiatives including energy dashboard and metering.
- IT Roadmap meeting was held on 4/19/13 to discuss Maximo governance long-term and short-term work lists. Successfully identified needs and set up future meetings to prioritize and accomplish Maximo work.