Consolidate FO and Housing Maintenance Staff: capitalize on economies of scale
- Completed focus group discussions and analyzed the groups' rankings of their proposed solutions with respect to issue importance and feasibility of implementation.
- Administrative workgroup developed a list of HR and policy issues that will be compiled in a consolidated Facilities Services (FS) employee handbook.
Performance Management: implement cultural change to improve staff engagement
- Maximo process subgroup mapping current state work-order management process and beginning the design on the future state process.
- Conference call with IBM to discuss setting up a Maximo demo to gain a better understanding of the capabilities and desired future state of Maximo and Tririga at KU.
- Maximo implementation subgroup met to develop high-level implementation plan and to discuss the process for setting up development and Maximo test environments.
Zone Maintenance: develop system to reduce supervisory staff and improve efficiency
- Custodial workgroup continues discussions on the zone model with respect to Custodial Services; identified custodial challenges and opportunities within each zone, and began drafting custodial staffing model within the zone structure.
- Zone Maintenance workgroup met to analyze feedback from the Steering Committee regarding the group's proposed model and to revisit the group's zone staffing recommendations, logistics issues, and zone shop supplies in the maintenance zones.
Energy Reduction and Sustainability: execute plan with incentives for participation
- Energy and Sustainability workgroup continues to draft input to the Energy marketing plan that will be communicated to the Steering Committee in mid-April.
- Energy workgroup coordinating with University Relations to ensure that energy conservation campaign branding and tag lines are in accordance with University policy.